I have created a simple set of commands that can be ran that will do the following:
1) Full uninstall of ANY Adobe Flash player versions install. That is for IE or a plugin based browser such as Firefox.
2) Removes all traces of anything Adobe Flash related from the following folders:
b) C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player
c) C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player
3) Re-install your flash player versions.
I have written this in BAT file format b/c some people esp on the Firefox Forums are overly paranoid about exe... I think I have a good enough following to prove i don't write harmful code.
I have greatly simplified this process to uninstall all flash player versions, clean up flash player files, and re-install the latest versions.
5) Go here and down load a bat file(Clean_Flash.cmd ) and place it in any folder.
6) The link will open showing the contents of the bat file, click the "Download" button at the top of the page to download the bat file .
7) Run as admin and let the script work, takes about a minute or two at the most on slower connections and/or systems.
That is all there is to it, no more guessing games for flash anymore.
Please make sure all programs are closed.
A note about the flash player versions:
The link is ONLY valid for Flash player versions 16.x.x.xxx . Once version 17 comes out the download file reference will have to be changed thought the script.
Here is a direct link to the msi files.
There is also a way to code this and turn it into an exe with windows prompts by writing the code in AutoIT
The Source Code for the exe is located here:
The Source code will have to be modified for version 16 , or any future versions once 16 becomes 17, 18, etc....
The only reference that will change is: install_flash_player_16_active_x.msi in the coding for either script.